Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Loss and Love of the last month

I must say, the last month has been pretty eventful. No bored moments to be filled by blogging.

My grandfather passed this past month. He had a great 98 years and for that the family is greatful, but it never is really enough is it...

It was good to see the whole family, since this only seems to happen at weddings and funerals, and with me being the only unmarried one, doesn't look like there will be many wedding get togethers anytime soon. I'm glad to see that my neice and nephew are still adorable at ages 3 and 1 respectively, and so are all my cousins kids. After spending so many days around young ones it took me a while to get comfortable droping F-bombs in causual conversation around friends. I guess that means I'm safe to be around children, and won't warp their minds too much.

In between trying to get caught up with work and caught up on sleep, i've still managed to make some new friends and hang out with the old ones. I've caught the awsome Mr. Greenjeans twice at the Clarendon Ballroom in the last month. And done several happy hours. This past week involved a wonderful, as usual, trip to Ellas, where the best bartender in the city hooked us up as always with some fantastic Sangria and pizza, after that my night devolved into a blur of Oya, Zenga, Dan's Cafe, Chief Ikes Momba Room, and Rocket (i spent so much time walking and metroing that i didn't even have time to drink that much). My one wish for this particular night was that the metro hadn't been delayed close to 30 minutes for the last night of the train, getting home at 4am stinks.

Finally, the best event of the last few weeks would definately be the Wedding of Merrick and Gerald this past weekend. She is one of the most genuinely sweet people I know and I'm glad she had an unending smile on her face the entire day. The wedding was nice, the reception better, and the loacation and the band awsome. Loved the mansion in Rockville and any band that can pull of a sing-along-able cover of any Journey song :-) (my only minor complaint on the wedding would be the stampede of flower girls, couldn't we have shown a little grace and patience ladies). It was like old times, with most of the old Smithsonian intern crowd hanging out. Makes me miss those crazy times at Rock bottom ;-). Well enough :-) ing and ;-) ing, i've got some work to get done so i can go to the beach all next week! OBX I CAN'T WAIT!

No comments: