Sunday, February 25, 2007

Airport Wi Fi

I must give mad props to Boise Airport for being one of the only airports with free public wifi (Vegas being the only other one i know). I find it interesting that many other airports charge widely varying feels ($5-$20), guess the market is still too new to have set a standard. But it seems some scammers try to take advantage of desperate people by offering a computer-to-computer network connection and calling it a free public wifi. It worries me that they might be installing malicious software on anyones computer that optimistically tries to connect to such a network before noticing it isn't a broadcast type connection. That is why i'll be updating all my firewall software when i get home just to be safe. Apparently when I've been traveling for two days straight i become delerious and have trouble spotting such obvious attempts to attack my computer.

No comments: